Welcome to the Unifor People's Trade Library!
This page contains documents listed on other parts of the Fair Trade Future Campaign Page, for your quick and easy reference.
You will find past reports, studies and submissions by Unifor, as well as work conducted by some of our allies, official federal government documents and web links. There may also be more documents on the pages dedicated to each trade deal.
Fair Trade Lobby Kit
The tools below are meant to help those meeting with a politician of government staff member to discuss what a Fair Trade Future looks like. The Lobby Guide has a few tips, and the Lobby Report form is for filling out after to record how the meeting went. There's also a guide finding you local Member of Parliament.
- Lobby October 2017 leave behind - Fixing NAFTA: a generational opportunity
- Lobby Guide booklet
- Lobby Report form
- Find your local Member of Parliament here
- Unifor discussion paper, Imagining a Fair Trade Future
Unifor Trade Studies and Submissions
Unifor has been a leader in studying trade and analyzing the impact of trade deals on our members and communities across Canada. We have also been active participants in any opportunity to review specific trade deals, including federal Trade Committee hearings and calls for submissions.
In this section, we have compiled many of those studies and submissions.
- Unifor Positioning Paper on NAFTA, July 17, 2017
- Positioning Paper Executive summary, July 17, 2017
- Joint Unifor/UAW statement on NAFTA, July 11, 2017
- Update on NAFTA and Auto, February 17, 2017
- Jerry Dias presentation to Senate Standing Committee on Foreign Affairs, April 2017
- Unifor Trade Committee submission, November 2016
- Unifor Trade Committee submission, November 2013
- Unifor's submission to the Trade Committee on the TPP
- TPP hearings in Windsor
- TPP Backgrounder
- TPP Concerns
- The TPP will affect all Canadians
- TPP Handbill
- October 31, 2016 newspaper ads in the Globe and Mail, Hill Times, Ottawa Citizen, Ottawa Sun and Le Devoir
- Ottawa radio ads October 31, 2016
- Sector-by-sector TPP reports: